ASCE presents nearly 100 Society awards every year, recognizing civil engineers who advance the profession either through achievement or published papers.
The most recent Society awards are:
• Gongkang Fu, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Alfredo Ang Award on Risk Analysis and Management of Civil Infrastructure
• Dennis D. Truax, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, F.ASCE, with the 2020 Edmund Friedman Professional Recognition Award
• Brock E. Barry, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, with the 2020 Professional Practice Ethics and Leadership Award
• Beena Ajmera, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE; Thomas L. Brandon, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE; and Binad Tiwari, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, with the 2020 Thomas A. Middlebrooks Award
• Todd T. Semonite, P.E., Dist.M.ASCE, with the 2020 ASCE Presidents’ Award
• Colin Atkinson, Ph.D., with the 2020 Maurice A. Biot Medal
• William E. Kelly, Ph.D., P.E., ENV SP, F.ASCE, and Ryan Kobbe, P.E., M.ASCE, with the 2020 President’s Medal
• Sarah S. McEwen, P.E., M.ASCE; Mario Riccozi, P.E., F.ASCE; and Camilla M. Saviz, Ph.D., P.E., ENV SP, F.ASCE, with the 2020 William H. Wisely American Civil Engineer Award
Learn more about the full array of annual ASCE awards and how you can nominate worthy recipients.