The number is astoundingly small – 679.
Of everyone who has been a member of ASCE across our 164-year history, only 679 have achieved Distinguished Member status, known as Honorary Member prior to 2008. It is the highest honor ASCE can bestow, reserved for professionals who have attained eminence in some branch of civil engineering or in related arts and sciences, including education and construction.
To this select group, the ASCE Board of Direction recently elected nine professionals as the Class of 2016 Distinguished Members.
• M. Hanif Chaudhry, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
• Gary Y.K. Chock, S.E., D.CE, F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
• Raymond “Paul” Giroux, Dist.M.ASCE
• Kenneth C. Hover, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
• Jay R. Lund, Ph.D., F.EWRI, Dist.M.ASCE
• Patrick J. Natale, P.E., CAE, Dist.M.ASCE
• James A. Rispoli, P.E., NAC, Dist.M.ASCE
• Heinz G. Stefan, Dr.Ing., Dist.M.ASCE
• Kenneth H. Stokoe II, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, Dist.M.ASCE
The new class will receive their honors during ceremonies at the ASCE 2016 Convention, Sept. 28 through Oct. 1, in Portland, OR.
THANKS AND BEST WISHES TO THE ELECTED DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS.
RAJA M A KHAN
Heartiest congratulations Mr.Hanif chaudhry.We are proud of your contributions to the profession and bringing honour for your country Pakistan.
Dear Distinguished Members
I welcome and congratulate all new elevated members of ASCE. I request all the members to visit my organisation and deliver their subject of expertise to young ignited civil engineers.
The Class of 2016 Distinguished Members,
Congratulations to you all,
and Best Wishes.
ASCE India Section Southern Region President