Annually since 2003, the ASCE New Faces of Civil Engineering – Professional program has selected a group of civil engineers under 30 already accomplishing great things. These civil engineers don’t excel in merely one aspect of their job or one area of life. They are the best and brightest in virtually everything they do.
A look at the New Faces of past years reveals what comes across like an exclusive “Who’s Who” of ASCE and civil engineering.
For instance, when ASCE’s IMAX film Dream Big: Engineering Our World premieres Feb. 17, audiences will be cheering the stories and achievements of two New Faces alumni – Avery Bang (class of 2011) and Menzer Pehlivan (class of 2016).
Other past New Faces are in leadership positions across ASCE and the civil engineering profession.
What can we expect from this year’s group?
Check back in a couple of years on that. In the meantime, get to know each and see what they’ve already achieved that points to promising futures in the profession.
• Jonathan Brower, P.E., M.ASCE, project engineer, L.A. Fuess Partners, Dallas, TX
• Muhammad Elgammal, P.E., M.ASCE, associate civil engineer, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, New York City, NY
• James Kaklamanos, Ph.D., EIT, A.M.ASCE, assistant professor of civil engineering, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
• Natalie Mills, EI, A.M.ASCE, systems planning environmental engineer, Southern Company, Birmingham, AL
• Erica Mullen, P.E., M.ASCE, project manager, Maser Consulting, Mount Arlington, NJ
• Don Nguyen, P.E., ENV SP, M.ASCE, junior bridge engineer, COWI, Seattle, WA
• Chad Norvell, P.E., M.ASCE, project engineer, Nishkian Dean, Portland, OR
• Sabrina Rivera, P.E., M.ASCE, water resources engineer, ARCADIS, Los Angeles, CA
• Marilisa Stigliano, A.M.ASCE, project controls manager, AECOM, New York City, NY
• Zheng Yang, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE, postdoctoral research fellow, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Read about ASCE’s recently revealed 2017 New Faces of Civil Engineering – College.
Wow! This is so interesting! I hope to be one of the ASCE face